The 1000 Miglia returns after two years to the Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance. The event, which as usual, was held on the fourth weekend of May at the Golf Club, inside The Ritz-Carlton on Amelia Island, is considered one of the best known and most prestigious contests of elegance in the world.
On the occasion of the awards ceremony that took place on Sunday 10 March, a jury of experts awarded the Spirit of 1000 Miglia award to the 1934 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Touring, judged as the most representative of the values and essence of most beautiful race in the world car.
The next Spirit of 1000 Miglia award will be awarded during the Concorso d’Eleganza Poltu Quatu Classic at the Grand Hotel Poltu Quatu, during the first weekend of July.
The other awarded cars:
- Medallion #14 1938 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta
- Medallion #15 1953 SIATA 208S
- Medallion #16 1947 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Super Sport
- Medallion #17 1954 Porsche 550 Spyder
- Medalion #18 1957 Austin-Healey 100-6 BN4