The first edition of the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE, born from the collaboration between 1000 Miglia Srl and Octanium, has been presented.
The event, open to one hundred cars ranging from historic to modern Supercars and coming from all over the world, will be held from 4 to 8 December 2022. The crews will drive across all seven Emirates, covering more than 1.600 km.
After the success of the Prologue held from 18 to 20 February, for the first time the territory of the United Arab Emirates will host a real regularity race with sporting trials in pure 1000 Miglia Style.
Noteworthy among the cars entered in the race are:
- A 1927 OM 665 “Superba” – the model that won the first 1000 Miglia in 1927.
- A 1952 Porsche 356 which took part in the gruelling 1953 Carrera Panamericana.
- A 1964 Lincoln Continental – purchased by the then Pope for his use on a tour of India in 1964.
- A 1957 Lotus XI LeMans Widebody – one of only 10 cars built of this model, which finished the 1000 Miglia three times.
- A 1958 Messerschmitt FMR TG 500 Roadster.
- A group of 10 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwings
More information on the event can be found on the 1000 Miglia Experience website.