The event, which took place from 4th to 8th December, was accessible only to one hundred owners of legendary historic cars and modern supercars, and travelled through all seven emirates in four days. The competitors of the largest classic car rally ever held on the Arabian Peninsula travelled 1600 km along the territory, passing many places of exceptional beauty.
The race also represented a further milestone for this young nation, recognised worldwide as a centre of excellence for the business world and as a destination for luxury tourism.
The exclusive event
For the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE, three classes of vehicle were accepted. A maximum of 100 participants from all over the world.
- 1000 Miglia Class, for cars manufactured between 1927 and 1957 for cars of a model that had competed at least once in the original 1000 Miglia race, officially registered in the Registro 1000 Miglia and pertaining to the 1000 Miglia coefficient list.
- UAE Jubilee class for cars manufactured up to 1971 (the founding year of our host nation, the United Arab Emirates.)
- Contemporary Icons, for distinctive or historic automobiles manufactured from 1971 onwards.
The staging of the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE represented the pinnacle of a long-term collaboration between 1000 Miglia and Octanium. With the near century of experience of 1000 Miglia, and Octanium’s eye for hospitality and quality alongside the UAE’s warm host and natural splendor, this event was a tremendous success.
The program of the event followed:
- Leg 1: from Dubai to Fujairah
- Leg 2: from Fujairah to Ras Al Khaimah
- Leg 3: from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai
- Leg 4: from Dubai to Abu Dhabi
1000 Miglia Experience UAE Prologue
The 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Prologue took place from the 19th to the 20th of February 2022, with a training session scheduled for the 18th of February at the Dubai World Trade Centre. During this two day and a half exclusive warm-up:
- 43 teams covered 700km and five Emirates
- Prologue Night event drew 3000 visitors on Friday, February 18th
- German duo Waimer/Hotfiel secured overall first place in their 1969 Porsche 911E