1000 Miglia Experience UAE Prologue
The 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Prologue will take place from 19th to 20th February 2022. An exclusive warm-up as the official prologue to the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Jubilee Edition scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2022. A preview to provide participants who have never taken part in the 1000 Miglia in Italy a taste of the spirit that inspires the race.
1000 Miglia Experience UAE
This invitation-only event is open to 100 owners of landmark automobiles, from legendary classics to iconic supercars of the modern era. Over the course of five thrilling days, participants will cross all seven Emirates, driving their cars against the clock while enjoying the finest hospitality. Members of the public will have a rare opportunity to see these magnificent machines in the metal, being driven as they are truly meant to be experienced.
This extraordinary gathering will also coincide with the 50th anniversary celebrations of the United Arab Emirates, which was formally formed on December 2, 1971. The staging of the first 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Jubilee Edition represents yet another proud achievement for this young nation, which has accomplished global fame as a centre for both business excellence and exotic luxury travel.
For the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Jubilee Edition, three classes of vehicle may be accepted. A maximum of 100 participants from all over the world.
- 1000 Miglia Class, for cars manufactured between 1927 and 1957 for cars of a model that has competed at least once in the original 1000 Miglia race, officially registered in the Registro 1000 Miglia and pertaining to the 1000 Miglia coefficient list.
- UAE Jubilee class for cars manufactured up to 1971 (the founding year of our host nation, the United Arab Emirates.) Vehicles should possess a valid FIVA card.
- Contemporary Icons, for distinctive or historic automobiles manufactured from 1971 onwards.
The staging of the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE Jubilee Edition represents the pinnacle of a long-term collaboration between 1000 Miglia and Octanium, culminating in bringing the most famous historic race in the world to a region well known for its deep love of high-octane machinery and beautiful automobiles. With the near century of experience of 1000 Miglia, and Octanium’s eye for hospitality and quality alongside the UAE’s warm host and natural splendor, this event is expected to be a tremendous success.
The Octanium team boasts more than a century of combined experience in the field of vintage cars, from creating rich retail environments, racing in classic motorsport, to building a complete support infrastructure for owners – in particular CEO Martin Halder has been involved with classic-car related industries for two decades. Octanium’s driving mission is to become the home for all classic car enthusiasts in the UAE and beyond, connecting them with the enormous global network of workshops, events, clubs and motorsport activities including the prestigious 1000 Miglia.
The provisional program of the event is as follows:
- Leg 1: from Dubai to Al Ain
- Leg 2: from Al Ain to Fujairah
- Leg 3: from Fujairah to Ras Al Khaimah
- Leg 4: from Ras Al Khaimah to Dubai
- Leg 5: from Dubai to Abu Dhabi