The inaugural 1000 Miglia Experience UAE 2021 will take place in December 5th-9th, 2021, for the very first time in the Middle East.
This invitation-only event is open to 100 owners of landmark automobiles, from legendary classics to iconic supercars of the modern era. Over the course of five thrilling days, participants will cross all seven Emirates, driving their cars against the clock while enjoying the finest hospitality. Members of the public will have a rare opportunity to see these magnificent machines in the metal, being driven as they are truly meant to be experienced.
This extraordinary gathering will also coincide with the 50th anniversary celebrations of the United Arab Emirates, which was formally formed on December 2, 1971. The staging of the first 1000 Miglia Experience UAE 2021 represents yet another proud achievement for this young nation, which has accomplished global fame as a centre for both business excellence and exotic luxury travel. The central hub for the event will be located in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, while the race itself unfurling on a belt of tarmac across all seven Emirates of this nation.
For the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE 2021, three classes of vehicle may be accepted. A maximum of 100 participants from all over the world will take part in the event, with the event central hub for the event located in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi.
- 1000 Miglia Era Class: this exclusive class for cars which took part – or completed the entry – in one of the editions held from 1927 to 1957. Registration in the Registro 1000 Miglia is compulsory.
- Post 1000 Miglia Era Class: this class includes sports cars, grand touring and supercars built from 1958 to 1971 (the founding date of the UAE)
- Supercar 1000 Miglia Travelling Collection Class: this class is dedicated to owners of the latest supercars and hypercars and reflect the UAE’s passion and appetite for these ultimate dream machines
The staging of the 1000 Miglia Experience UAE 2021 represents the pinnacle of a long-term collaboration between 1000 Miglia and Octanium, culminating in bringing the most famous historic race in the world to a region well known for its deep love of high-octane machinery and beautiful automobiles. With the near century of experience of 1000 Miglia, and Octanium’s eye for hospitality and quality alongside the UAE’s warm host and natural splendor, this event is expected to be a tremendous success.
Of particular significance is the Golden Jubilee of the UAE. This unique moment – a celebration of 50 years since the founding of the United Arab Emirates – coincides with the ongoing iconic Expo 2020 exhibition which attracts global interest, as well as the final race of the Formula One calendar at Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi on 12th December. In this festive environment, the 1000 Miglia UAE Experience 2021 must count as one of the brightest lights on both the social and media calendars.
The Octanium team boasts more than a century of combined experience in the field of vintage cars, from creating rich retail environments, racing in classic motorsport, to building a complete support infrastructure for owners – in particular CEO Martin Halder has been involved with classic-car related industries for two decades. Octanium’s driving mission is to become the home for all classic car enthusiasts in the UAE and beyond, connecting them with the enormous global network of workshops, events, clubs and motorsport activities including the prestigious 1000 Miglia.
The preliminary event route is as follows:
- 5th December, Sunday, Leg 1: Abu Dhabi to Dubai
- 6th December, Monday, Leg 2: Dubai to Jebel Hafeet, Al Ain
- 7th December, Tuesday, Leg 3: Jebel Hafeet, Al Ain to Fujairah
- 8th December, Wednesday, Leg 4: Fujairah to Jebel Jais, Ras Al Khaimah
- 9th December, Thursday, Leg 5: Jebel Jais to UAQ, Ajman, to Abu Dhabi